Choosing a holiday where the focus is on body and mind has never been more appealing, particularly when we are all being encouraged to stay active physically and mentally.
One place where wellbeing is at the forefront of the guest experience is Grantley Hall, a five-star country hotel on the fringes of the Yorkshire Dales. Recently restored to its former glory thanks to a multi-million pound renovation, the stately building dating back to 1680 has 47 elegant rooms and suites and is surrounded by extensive grounds, which includes an English Heritage-listed ornamental Japanese garden, a walled garden and parkland.
As well as exploring the grounds and enjoying the clean Yorkshire air, you will have the chance to relax at the Three Graces Spa, where experts will help you achieve a state of serene equilibrium. As well as a choice of treatments and therapies, you can relax by the 18-metre heated swimming pool, take a dip in the indoor-to-outdoor hydrotherapy pool, unwind in the outdoor cedar hot tub, or try the sauna, steam room and snow room.
If you prefer something more active, visit Grantley Hall’s state-of-the-art Elite fitness and wellness facility, which offers the most pioneering health and fitness facilities, from cryotherapy chambers and altitude-training facilities to an underwater treadmill and 3D body scanners. There is also a strength and conditioning gym and a spinning, yoga and Pilates studio.
The joy of Grantley Hall is that you can combine your luxury wellness experience with some exceptional drinking and eating options, from afternoon tea to cocktails and fine dining. One night sample Pan-Asian cuisine at Restaurant EightyEight, and the next evening dine at the refined establishment headed up by acclaimed British chef Shaun Rankin, who uses the best seasonal Yorkshire produce – including herbs, vegetables and edible flowers from the kitchen garden – to create exceptional dishes.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of guests and staff, and in line with government and industry advice, Grantley Hall has introduced a number of Covid-19 measures and procedures. For full details, please visit https://www.grantleyhall.co.uk/covid-19-update
The prize for two people includes:
- Three nights’ accommodation for two staying in a suite, with breakfast included
- A bottle of Champagne in your suite on arrival
- Afternoon tea on the first day
- Dinner in Restaurant EightyEight on one evening
- A cocktail-making session with one of the Bar EightyEight bartenders
- Dinner at the chef’s table in the Shaun Rankin at Grantley Hall restaurant on one evening
- A visit to the kitchen garden with chef Shaun Rankin
- A 60-minute spa treatment each
- A personal training session with a member of the Elite team and a specialist Elite treatment each
- Entry tickets to Fountains Abbey, a UNESCO World Heritage site
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions:
- The prize is open to readers of Bentley Magazine aged 18 years or over, except employees of Bentley Motors Limited; retailers; agencies; partners and anyone connected with the Prize Draw. No purchase is necessary.
- The prize for two people includes three nights, with breakfast, at Grantley Hall
- Any additional extras not included in the prize must be paid for upon departure. The prize is subject to availability.
- The prize for two people also includes: a bottle of Champagne in your suite on arrival; afternoon tea on the first day; dinner at Restaurant EightyEight on one evening; a cocktail-making session with one of the Bar EightyEight bartenders; dinner at the chef’s table in the Shaun Rankin at Grantley Hall restaurant on one evening; a visit to the kitchen garden with chef Shaun Rankin; a 60-minute spa treatment each.
- The prize must be taken, and travel completed by 1 December 2021. Christmas, New Year, Easter and other school and public holidays are excluded.
- Flights and transfers are not included. The winner is responsible for valid passports, necessary vaccinations and visas.
- Travel insurance, airport taxes and other incidentals are not included.
- Additional guest nights may be purchased separately and will be charged at current published rates.
- The prize is non-negotiable, non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- All guests must travel at the same time.
- The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. No correspondence will be entered into. The judges’ decision is final.
- Bentley Magazine reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw the promotion at any time without prior notice.
- All entries to the prize draw must be submitted by the close date 9:00 GMT on 1 December 2020.
- Valid entries can only be made by visiting magazine.bentley/Issue72 and selecting to enter the prize draw.
- The prize draw will take place at 12:00 GMT on 1 December 2021 from all valid entries submitted by the closing date.
- Only one entry per person. Additional entries will be disqualified.
- The winner will be notified no later than 8 December 2020. The prize must be claimed within 14 days of our notification of winning. After this period, we reserve the right to award the prize to another prize winner.
- Details of the winner will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Bentley Magazine Issue 72 Travel Prize, c/o Archant Dialogue, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich NR1 1RE, United Kingdom.
- All entrants must agree to participate in publicity and to receive information from the hotels participating in the travel prize draw. If you do not wish to receive this information, please email email@example.com giving your name and address details.
- Entry to the competition assumes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.