Located on the banks of the River Arno and surrounded by a Tuscan landscape of olive groves, vineyards and rolling hills, Villa La Massa is a captivating retreat of luxury and serenity.
Set in extensive grounds with landscaped lawns and a large outdoor pool, the five-star hotel occupies the former 16th-century country estate of Florentine aristocrats. It has 51 individually styled rooms and suites, two restaurants, a fully-equipped gym and a pampering spa.
Unwind and destress in the spa or spend your days lounging by the pool. Explore the gardens and paths of the 10-hectare estate on foot or bicycle, taking in the colours and scents of the Tuscan countryside. Alternatively, go horse riding, take a scenic drive by car or Vespa scooter or enjoy a bird’s eye view in a hot air balloon.
With so much on your doorstep, it is tempting not to stray far from Villa La Massa. Yet the artistic and cultural attractions of Florence are just a shuttle bus away. You’ll enjoy discovering an abundance of treasures in the Renaissance city’s pretty piazzas and cobbled streets, from paintings by Botticelli, frescoes by Gozzoli and sculptures by Michelangelo to thriving café, crafts and contemporary art scenes.
Then it’s back to Villa La Massa to relax and recuperate, perhaps with a book by the pool or sipping a cocktail on the terrace. And when you’ve recharged your batteries, head out for dinner at Il Verrocchio, where gourmet cuisine and views of the Arno and the Chianti hills promise to be the perfect end to your Tuscan day.
The prize for two people includes:
- Three nights in a Junior Suite at Villa La Massa, on a bed and breakfast basis;
- a spa treatment;
- a cooking class with wine tasting; and
- a three-course dinner with wines paired by the sommelier at Il Verrocchio restaurant.
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions:
- The prize is open to readers of Bentley Magazine aged 18 years or over, except employees of Bentley Motors Limited; retailers; agencies; partners and anyone connected with the Prize Draw. No purchase is necessary.
- The prize for two people includes three nights’ accommodation, with breakfast, in a Junior Suite at Villa La Massa.
- The prize for two people also includes a spa treatment, a cooking class and wine tasting, and a three-course dinner with wines paired by the sommelier at Il Verrocchio restaurant.
- Any additional extras not included in the prize must be paid for upon departure.
- The prize must be taken, and travel completed by end of October 2022. The prize is subject to availability, and excludes the following dates: 15-16 October 2021, 6-7 May 2022, 13 May 2022, 24-25 June 2022 and 23-24 September 2022.
- Flights and airport transfers are not included. The winners are responsible for having valid passports and visas if required and for meeting any health requirements/immunisation recommendations.
- Travel insurance, airport taxes and other incidentals are not included.
- Additional guest nights may be purchased separately and will be charged at current published rates.
- The prize is non-negotiable, non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- All guests must travel at the same time.
- The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. No correspondence will be entered into. The judges’ decision is final.
- Bentley Magazine reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw the promotion at any time without prior notice.
- All entries to the prize draw must be submitted by the close date 9:00 GMT on 1 December 2021.
- Valid entries can only be made by visiting magazine.bentley/Issue75 and selecting to enter the prize draw.
- The prize draw will take place at 12:00 GMT on 3 December 2021 from all valid entries submitted by the closing date.
- Only one entry per person. Additional entries will be disqualified.
- The winner will be notified no later than 7 December 2021. The prize must be claimed within 14 days of our notification of winning. After this period, we reserve the right to award the prize to another prize winner.
- Details of the winner will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Bentley Magazine Issue 75 Travel Prize, c/o Archant Dialogue, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich NR1 1RE, United Kingdom.
- All entrants must agree to participate in publicity and to receive information from the hotels participating in the travel prize draw. If you do not wish to receive this information, please email email@example.com giving your name and address details.
- Entry to the competition assumes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.