Your base will be Château de Mercuès, a boutique hotel located in a 13th-century castle and wine estate owned by the Vigouroux family and part of the Relais & Châteaux association of luxury hotels.
Here you will stay in one of the lavish rooms, offering sweeping views of beautiful French countryside and the meandering Lot river. You’ll enjoy the best of France, from exceptional Malbec wines to fine Michelin-starred dining at Le Duèze, with dishes inspired by local produce such as black truffles and Quercy lamb.
Nearby, explore the medieval town of Cahors with its famous bridge, half-timbered townhouses and domed cathedral. Head down to the river for a cruise, or go fishing or water skiing. Then take an excursion to visit the caves of Pech Merle, famed for their prehistoric paintings of mammoths, horses and bisons. Back at the hotel, relax on the terrace, go swimming in the pool, play a game of tennis or learn about the home-grown Malbec wines on a tour of the château’s impressive wine cellar, followed by tastings.
And, if you are visiting Château de Mercuès in February, you’ll have a chance to go black truffle hunting with Christine Vigouroux and her dog Iago, join the buyers and sellers at Lalbenque’s weekly truffle market and savour a three-course truffle-inspired lunch.
The prize for two people includes:
- €1,100 contribution to your return flights to Toulouse, and transfers to and from the airport
- Four nights full board in an Icon Suite at Château de Mercuès
- A La Table du Chef seven-course tasting menu with wine pairings at the hotel's Michelin-starred Le Duèze
- Welcome flowers and a bottle of Georges Vigouroux Bellefleur de Haute-Serre, Brut Rose sparkling wine
- A private visit of the Château de Mercuès winery and tastings
- A truffle experience, which includes a three-course lunch at La Table de Haute-Serre, truffle hunting and a visit to Lalbenque with Julien Poisot, Executive Chef at Le Duèze. This experience is only available on Tuesdays in February.
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions:
- The prize draw is open to readers of Bentley Magazine aged 18 years or over, except employees of Bentley Motors Limited; retailers; agencies; partners and anyone connected with the Prize Draw. No purchase is necessary.
- The prize for two people includes four nights in an Icon Suite at Château de Mercuès on a full-board basis, including a buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner (excludes beverages). The prize is subject to availability.
- The prize for two people also includes a €1,100 contribution to your return flights to Toulouse, and transfers to and from the airport. Travel insurance, airport taxes and other incidentals are not included.
- Also included in the prize for two people is a La Table du Chef seven-course tasting menu with wine pairings at Le Duèze; welcome flowers and a bottle of Georges Vigouroux Bellefleur de Haute-Serre, Brut Rose sparkling wine; a private visit to the Château de Mercuès winery and tastings; a truffle experience (available on Tuesdays in February only), which includes a three-course lunch at La Table de Haute-Serre, truffle hunting and a visit to Lalbenque with Julien Poisot, Executive Chef at Le Duèze.
- The prize must be taken, and travel completed by 30 July 2021.
- Additional guest nights may be purchased separately, and will be charged at current published rates.
- The prize is non-negotiable, non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- The winner and guest must travel at the same time.
- The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. No correspondence will be entered into. The judges’ decision is final.
- Bentley Magazine reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw the prize draw at any time without prior notice.
- All entries to the prize draw must be submitted by the close date 09:00 BST on 1 July 2020.
- Valid entries can only be made by visiting magazine.bentley/Issue71 and selecting to enter the prize draw.
- The prize draw will take place at 09:00 BST on 2 July 2020 from all valid entries submitted by the closing date.
- Only one entry per person. Additional entries will be disqualified.
- The winner will be notified by telephone, email or in writing by no later than 8 July 2020. The prize must be claimed within 14 days of our notification of winning. After this period, we reserve the right to award the prize to another prize winner.
- Details of the winner will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Bentley Magazine Issue 71 Travel Prize, c/o Archant Dialogue, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich NR1 1RE, United Kingdom.
- All entrants must agree to participate in publicity, and receive information from the hotels participating in the travel prize draw. If you do not wish to receive this information, please email email@example.com giving your name and address details.
- Entry to the prize draw assumes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.