A hidden gem located high above the Arctic Circle of Norway, the small island of Manshausen is far removed from the hustle and bustle of 21st-century living.
To reach it, you have to fly to Bodø and then take a fast boat to the fishing village of Nordskot, where a small craft meets you to take you to the private eco-retreat.
Guests stay in award-winning contemporary sea cabins with exceptional views of the sea, sky and – if you are lucky – of the Northern Lights. After admiring the magnificent views, head outdoors and choose from one of the many nature-based outdoor activities, from hiking and climbing to fishing, snorkelling, sea kayaking or sailing. There's also a chance to spot wildlife, including otters, seals and white-tailed sea eagles.
At the end of the day, enjoy dinner in the main house (from January to November), choosing from a menu of mainly local produce, including fresh fish and reindeer. As you sample these gourmet delights and reflect on your day in this remote and wild getaway, you’ll understand the real appeal of Manshausen – the opportunity to appreciate all around you with no distractions. “There are plenty of places you can go to sit beside a pool or a beach, with your phone,” says renowned polar explorer Børge Ousland, who owns the resort. “But I wanted to create this sense of the here and now.”
• A five-night stay in a sea cabin Manshausen, with breakfast included.
• Dinner on one evening.
• A foraging experience with the chef.
• A guided nature-based adventure expedition.
• Meet and greet at Bodø airport to help with onward travel to Manshausen.
1. The prize is open to readers of Bentley Magazine aged 18 years or over, except employees of Bentley Motors Limited; retailers; agencies; partners and anyone connected with the Prize Draw. No purchase is necessary.
2. The prize for two people includes five nights, with breakfast, at Manshausen.
3. Any additional extras not included in the prize must be paid for upon departure. The prize is subject to availability.
4. The prize for two people also includes dinner on one evening; a foraging experience with the chef; a guided nature-based adventure expedition; and a meet and greet at Bodø airport with onward travel to Manshausen.
5. The prize must be taken, and travel completed by 1 October 2022. Christmas, New Year, Easter and other school and public holidays are excluded.
6. Flights and transfers are not included. The winner is responsible for valid passports, necessary vaccinations and visas.
7. Travel insurance, airport taxes and other incidentals are not included.
8. Additional guest nights may be purchased separately and will be charged at current published rates.
9. The prize is non-negotiable, non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
10. All guests must travel at the same time.
11. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. No correspondence will be entered into. The judges’ decision is final.
12. Bentley Magazine reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw the promotion at any time without prior notice.
13. All entries to the prize draw must be submitted by the close date 9:00 GMT on 2 April 2021.
14. Valid entries can only be made by visiting magazine.bentley/Issue73 and selecting to enter the prize draw.
15. The prize draw will take place at 12:00 GMT on 5 April 2021 from all valid entries submitted by the closing date.
16. Only one entry per person. Additional entries will be disqualified.
17. The winner will be notified no later than 9 April 2021. The prize must be claimed within 14 days of our notification of winning. After this period, we reserve the right to award the prize to another prize winner.
18. Details of the winner will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Bentley Magazine Issue 73 Travel Prize, c/o Archant Dialogue, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich NR1 1RE, United Kingdom.
19. All entrants must agree to participate in publicity and to receive information from the hotels participating in the travel prize draw. If you do not wish to receive this information, please firstname.lastname@example.org giving your name and address details.
20. Entry to the competition assumes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.